Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Last Day in Taroudant: Farewell to Hassan and Students

8:00 a.m. Will be shadowing a student part of today, enjoying luch at Hassan's home and then team teaching in the afternoon with a farewell before 6:00. It will be tough to bid adieu to these great kids and Hassan, our kind host teacher.

At 9:00 p.m. we will tough out another bus ride though the night back to Rabat. Will report on the day's adventures tomorrow after some shut eye:-).

The students in both classes today each planned great parties for our departure, so we ate a lot of cake. The second class even had fireworks on their beautifully decorated cake. Tom played the guitar with a young man who sang us a farewell song in English.

Tom was given a traditional man's outfit, and some of the girls gave me some lovely jewelry. The young lady I am with is Meryem, a particularly joyful student who wants to teach English someday and is well on her way.

We had some types of snacks and bread at another teacher's house (Hamid), and they wanted me to dress up in the traditional Moroccan women's kaftan, and, of course I was delighted. They called me a princess, as I sat in their beautiful large room reserved especially for guests. Girls never grow out of wanting to feel like princesses, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment