Saturday, July 15, 2017

Legacy Hotel in Jerusalem

Saturday July 15

I jumped ahead nine hours and the flight from New York took 9.5 hours, so it is now Saturday evening, and I'll be sleeping soon since I tried to lightly nap in order to force myself to sleep and recover from he jet lag quicker. 

I'm sitting outside my hotel enjoying a light breeze, temps in the 70s and the aroma of Middle Eastern spices from the nearby restaurant. I went on a short walk to the Old City section but did not go in. It is the sabbath here, Shabbat and is relatively quiet. Also, I understand part of the Old City is shut down due to a shooting of two police officers by Palestinians who then shot themselves Friday morning in the Muslim Quarter. 

I have already met three people from my group, a mother and daughter who rode with me here from the airport and a young man from Canada. I am thrilled to be here and feel safe and peaceful. 

Will post more tomorrow. I have the day to explore. 




No comments:

Post a Comment