Thursday, June 29, 2017

Gustavus Ocean Front and Ferry Back to Juneau

The sourdough waffles will be discussed for years that Julene made us this morning--Light and fluffy with blueberry compote, then eggs, bacon and fruit. Memories made  of delicious food for sure!

Sharolyn and kids went exploring the beach and tide pools while Mark and Carol went shopping and to a gallery. 

We rode the ferry, which was late, back to Juneau and enjoyed splendid views with sunshine. Avery's halibut made it back cold for dinner tomorrow. 

 
This otter lap blanket is what I really wanted to take home as a souvenir, but for the price of $700 I just found it tough to justify. Truly though, I have never felt anything so soft ever! There are 1000 hairs per square inch on sea otter fur. And, they are not endangered, though only natives can harvest them. 
With our host Julene as we left our wonderful B and B. 
 

 
Bald eagles fighting over carrion and fish. I got a show from some of these. 
 
 
Later I will see if I can post videos, as I got some cool ones of the different wildlife. 
 
 
Can you tell they liked the ferry ride?  It was actually great on the way back to Juneau, as the weather was pleasant enough to be outside some of the time. 
 
 
 
When I wasn't outside, I studied up for my next adventure in two weeks. :-)
 
 
Heading in to Juneau. The Mendenhall Glacier from our first day of kayaking is prominent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment